Rather than sleeping tonight I decided to finally spend some time fixing a few lingering issues with my Royal Ribbon theme, which by the way now has over 26,000 installs so thanks so much if you have installed it! :)
The new update (which should be approved later today hopefully) contains the following fixes:
- Consistent fonts (The old code declared which fonts to use several times and so there wasn’t a consistent font type being used across the theme. This has now been fixed and I’ve decided to set the main font to Helvetica rather than Georgia which it has been up until now. If you preferred Georgia or any other font for that matter you can now change the main CSS font-family in the theme’s appearance settings).
- Ability to turn tags off (I received a few emails/asks asking whether it was possible to disable tags from showing up in posts and so I have added a simple tickbox to the theme’s appearance settings in case you would like to disable them).
- Improved photo post styling (The old code had an issue where if a photo was smaller than 500px the image would become stretched which caused pixelation. There was also issue where whitespace would show around the image because of sizing/padding issues. These should both now be fixed, if you encounter either of them again please do email me!)
- New link post styling (One major issue with the theme was the lack of design on certain post types such as links and audio posts and so I have tried to fix that a little bit with this update. I have redesigned the link post type so that it displays the link tiself in a simple box which should fit in with the overall design a lot more).
This is just some of the fixes as there is many more (such as the base of an audio post type which looks better than the last one but still needs a fair bit of work). As always, if you encounter any issues with the theme please feel free to drop me an email at email@example.com and I’ll try to fix them ASAP.